IF - The Blues


A few weeks ago, my youngest started preschool. I had an idea for an image called The Preschool Blues. It didn't really go in the direction I wanted it to. I would say this turned out to be an experiment in color, paper and time. I tried a few new colors, (some luminescents that you can't see sparkle on the scan,) and I tried hot press again. I have to say I just do not like painting on hot press watercolor paper. Every time I try it I am so unhappy with the piece. I think I'll stick with my 300 pound cold press. I also have been serving jury duty and have not had time to do anything, let alone paint, so I really just threw this together tonight. At least it felt good to sit down in my studio and be somewhat creative for a few minutes. Off to bed now, bye...

4 comments:

Digital Scott's illustrationblog said...

Nicely done!

md said...

lov her sad lil face nicely done

Mary said...

Aw she's so pretty, please say that she finds someone to play with and ends up smiling, she'd be even more beautiful then. Really like your use of colour too, gets across the feeling of the blues really well.

Che Lopez said...

I like the way the HP pools and blossoms, it really adds a degree of mood to the piece. I like it!