Illustration Friday - Blur


As my girls are getting older, sometimes it feels like the years are flying by in a blur. Thank goodness they are no where near 16 yet!

This is the first of a series I am working on for birthday cards. I was going to do ages 1 through 5, but drew this girl when I was sketching ideas for another project. I really liked her and wanted to incorporate her in to the series. I'm not too sure about the colors though. I might have to re-think this one. For now though, it was fun to paint and I did learn about some new color combos I tried.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

This is lovely. I really like the watercolour background too! The years certainly do go by in a blur and before you know it, they WILL be 16! :)

INDIGENE said...

Enjoy them, each day, because most days (16 yr.olds) are no joke!
Great illustration!

ratu lakhsmita indira said...

haha, yes, time flies so quickly ^_^

Shirley said...

ultrs8!Yes, you're quite right...especially when you watch your kids grow..
lovely illustration!