Illustration Friday - Unbalanced

Sometimes life can feel so unbalanced. Day job VS art career. To bring some things back into perspective, I decided to finally put to paper an idea I have had in my head for over two years...

Here is my first collage piece ever! So totally off balance from what I normally do. It's hard to put into words how different it felt making this piece compared to my watercolor paintings. A different kind of energy. I loved doing the main piece in my normal painterly way and then modifying it to work with the background I created.

I must say I really did love making this angel. I have a feeling there will be a lot more of these. I'm hoping that stepping outside of my comfort zone will help to restore some balance in my head and keep me motivated to pursue my dreams!

5 comments:

adrienne trafford said...

very nice - and i like your watercolors too - especially the cupcake!

ratu lakhsmita indira said...

my goodness!
i think you are really really good at watercolor...

xx

ratu lakhsmita indira said...

my, my, my...
i just noticed that you like:
cat power
feist
cocteau twins
pink floyd
the swell season...

are you real?

ratu lakhsmita indira said...

im glad you are REAL!
finally i found someone here who draws AND ALSO listens to pink floyd AND is real!!!!

beautiful, you.

Robin said...

very pretty and I love your Etsy..!!