Illustration Friday - Confined

I started to draw this piece today, to take a break from sketching. I just wanted to paint and not think about the project on which I am working. I drew this right on the watercolor paper. Very rare for me. As I started to draw, the face came across as someone I know. This girl reminds me of a friend's daughter that I believe is feeling confined. It fit perfectly with this week's Illustration Friday topic. Weird how that happens sometimes. Happy painting everyone! Take care!

8 comments:

Evie said...

Thanks for your comment, Traci. This was actually a black (graphite) and white (gauche) rendering with a quick cheat for colour.. I illustrated it on a red wallpaper sample:
Woman with Red Dress and White Rabbit
I like your watercolours. They look like candy, sweet enough to eat.

Desiree Cassidy said...

Pretty Pretty Pretty!!!!

Curious Art said...

Yummy wet-in-wet textures!

lakhsmita indira said...

i always love your technique.
so sweet.
so pretty.

ValGalArt said...

she has a lovely face!!! very sweet and charming :D

Caroline said...

What a lovely style you have Traci! This is indeed very pretty - love your avatar too! Thanks so much for passing by my blog and leaving a comment.

flossy-p said...

It's very kindhearted and sensitive of you to notice your friend's daughter is feeling this way. Good on you for caring, and for depicting her in this way. Such and honour I'm sure. :)

beckasharpe said...

Lovely colours and style. I hope she is less confined soon. Thanks for your comments.